NEW DELHI: A fire broke out on the sixth floor of a government building in Delhi today. Three fire engines have rushed to the spot, news agency ANI reported.
The fire at the Vikas Bhawan building, at central Delhi’s ITO, was reportedly started due to a short circuit.
There were no reports of any injuries or casualties so far.
Earlier, last week, a similar fire broke out at CGO Complex in the national capital. The blaze was reported at the fifth floor of Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan at CGO Complex. To douse the fire, 24 fire engines were pressed into action. In the incident, one CISF inspector got unconscious and was taken to AIIMS, where he succumbed to his injuries.